Thursday 3 January 2008

First post

Hi all,
This is my first post. I'm quite new to blogging, but was inspired to create an account by reading so many great food blogs, on blogger and the rest of the internet.

A little about me:
My name is William and I'm a twenty nothing year old guy from England. I've always loved cooking for friends and eating, sampling flavours and tastes, combinations, from the traditional to the ultra-modern. Cooking is like music. It can really vary what you like and what you like to cook depending on your mood, your situation, the weather, the time of day, anything.
I'm in my third year at University in the historic and beautiful (and sometimes dull :( ) city of York in the north of England Where I study Linguistics. It's a nice place to visit, but living here, i often find myself returning to my home city of Leeds to find ingredients, as York has a frankly embaressing market and only a very small number of people from around the world (and thus a poor/non existant selection of ethnic grocers and produce)
I'm putting myself through college working part time as a chef in a big 4star city hotel, which shall remain nameless.
When I'm not cooking or rotting miy teeth, i enjoy playing the bass guitar, reading, cinema, seeing my friends, art and drawing.
My biggest culinary influences are basque cuisine (i pray 5 time s a day to the mecca that is san sebastian) , eastern european and jewish cuisine, french cuisine and a healthy splash of fusion.
I would really love to be able to prepare excellent japanese food, travel and cook, write a great novel and hopefully meet some beautiful south american women :D

posts to come. no pictures at the moment, sorry. I'm on ebay trying to find a new digicam

bon appetit

No comments: